Mr. Fernando Palacios is the most senior and experienced associate at the Arcadier & Associates, an attorney law firm in Melbourne, Florida with subsidiary offices in Orlando and Boca Raton. With nearly thirty-two years of experience of practicing law in Brevard County, Florida, Mr. Palacios has dealt with almost every legal area including business, civil litigation, international law, family law, real estate law, will, trusts and probate. However, being an immigrant from Cuba himself, Mr. Palacios passion continues to be immigration law.
For several years, Mr. Palacios has been focusing on providing legal advice regarding immigration and naturalization law to several corporate firms, individuals, and families.
Legal Experience and Client Base
In the area of immigration and naturalization, Mr. Palacios has served a large corporate clientele which includes:
- Remec Q-Bit, Inc.,
- JDS Uniphase
- Geodetic, Inc.
- Artemis International
- Atlantis Laboratoriesa
- Far Research
- Macho Products
Education and Qualifications
Mr. Fernando graduated with a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Havana School of Law, Havana, Cuba in November 1955. He completed his Masters from the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida in June 1968. While, he was at the University of Florida, he also majored in Teaching Foreign Languages in Secondary Education. In 1975, Mr. Palacios became part of the Cuban-American Lawyers Program.
Mr. Palacios is certified and admitted to practice law before every State Court, including the U.S. Middle District of Florida, the Supreme Court of Florida, the U.S. Southern District of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Mr. Fernando Palacios has been a member of the Florida Bar for more than 30 years.
Over the years, Mr. Palacios has been actively involved as a member in several associations.
- Mr. Palacios was selected as a member of the Judicial Nominating Commission for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit by Governor Jeb Bush on August 5, 1999. He continued to be a dynamic member of the commission until July 2003.
- For several years, Mr. Palacios has been a member of the Florida Space Coast Council for International Visitors, the Club Hispano Americano de Brevard and the Space Coast World Trade Council.
- He was also the president of the Board of Directors of the Hamlet Homeowners Association.
- Currently, Mr. Palacios is a member of the Florida Bar Association, American Immigration Lawyers Association and Brevard County Bar Association (AILA). He joined all three associations in the year 1977.
- He is also actively involved in the Eau Gallie Rotary Club, the Knights of Columbus, the National and Local Republican Party, the Republican Hispanics of Brevard, the Florida Space Coast Council for International Visitors and the Club Hispano Americano de Brevard.
Other Professional Experience
Having majored in Teaching Foreign Language in Secondary Education, Mr. Palacios worked as a Spanish teacher in Brevard County School Board, Florida from 1962 to 1978. He also took his teaching experience to another level by frequently delivering lectures on subjects of immigration and naturalization.
He was a lecturer for export / import seminars sponsored by the Space Coast World Trade Council.
Mr. Palacios writes an article on immigration law every month for the El Playero newspaper.